NAME: The ACTLAB Center Campus Project
TOPIC: Local opportunity about construction of robust infrastructure
DURATION: 1st December 2023- 15th August 2024
LOCATION: Remote & Bambui, Bamenda-Cameroon
DEADLINE: If you want to apply fill the application form ASAP
Help to construct robust infrastructure for students. Become a volunteer for ACTLAB and support in building campus for students remotely and in Bambui, Bamenda-Cameroon.
We are looking for 4 volunteers: Living in Europe, America, Asia, Africa, motivated between 25 and 65 years old, interested in youth work, impact investment, education and intercultural topics.
Requirements for the volunteers:
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Civil/Sanitary Engineering, or another relevant field
• Experience in fundraising
• Experience in teaching/facilitation with adults
• Experience in coaching adults in adopting new behaviors
• Experience in construction, masonry, carpentry or plumbing or similar; home repair and remodeling, etc.
• Experience working with community groups and leaders
THE PROJECT: The ACTLAB Center Campus Project is a construction effort aimed at expanding our capabilities through robust infrastructure. Using funding from grants, we will build a new dormitory that will allow us to reach students of all ages and abilities.. It will give us more space, allowing us to add new vocational courses to better prepare our students.
Through this project, students will have access to new opportunities to advance their education and training – obtaining skills that can roll over into an entrepreneurial endeavour. By building this campus, our aim of achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal of no poverty is more attainable. Yes, this is a construction project, but what we are seeking to build is more than a structure: we are building a new generation.
THE MISSION: The volunteer will work full time with the team of ACTLAB from Monday to Friday, on a 30 hour-week basis.
They might be asked to take part in evening gatherings with the staff, students and community in the evenings. From time to time the volunteer will have the time to work in ACTLAB and other local CSOs with other volunteers to build the project.
The main missions for the volunteer will be:
1. Fundraising and investment, supporting construction and supervision
2. Educational and pedagogic mission
3. Joint project with the 4 volunteers in the Center Campus Project